Acid proof bricks are made to prevent deterioration caused by acid attacks, alkalis, and other chemicals. These bricks can bear heavy loads due to their strong crushing strength and are also known as refractory bricks.
An Overview Of Acid Proof Bricks –
Acid-proof bricks are made of quartz, felspar, fire clay, and binders which are pressed in a screw press and fired at more than 1200°C. They’re often used for flooring in areas with a lot of acid exposure, the lining of towers and chambers in chemical plants, and even sewers carrying industrial effluents.
These bricks require refractory lining for furnaces, boilers, kilns and other heat-related machines used in diverse industries.
Criteria to confirm performance requirement of Acid proof bricks –
|Requirement||Class I bricks||Class II bricks|
|Water absorption||≤ 2%||4%|
|Flexural strength||≥ 100kg/cm2||70 kg/cm2|
|Compressive Strength||≤700kg/cm2||500 kg/cm2|
|Resistant to acid||≤ 1.5%||4%|
Types Of Acid Resistant Bricks–
There are two kinds of Acid proof bricks –
- Class I Bricks –
These acid-resistant bricks are highly recommended for environments like pickling tanks, storage tanks, and floors that are frequently subjected to contact with corrosive liquids.
- Class II Bricks –
These types of acid-resistant brick are best for areas that are frequently subject to chemical spills and strong fumes by the occasional chemical spills in agricultural silos. These types of bricks are also used for the edging and lining of silos.
Amazing Properties of Acid proof bricks–
Some of the standard properties of acid proof bricks are:
The size of good acid-resistant bricks shall be 230 x 114 x 64 mm. Permissible tolerances shall be as per the table below.
|Dimensions (mm)||Tolerances (mm)|
The finished brick must have a fine grain, be dense and homogeneous, and be true to shape, sound, flat and free from any manufacturing imperfections.
Some of the amazing benefits of acid resistance bricks are –
- This paint is made for durability – it has a low water absorption rate and doesn’t corrode under room temperature. The paint resists oxidation and will not suffer from contamination.
- Easily digestible proteins from meat are important for easily digestible proteins, especially in acid-forming foods. This can provide sufficient nutrition to bodybuilders and athletes.
- Stainless steel is a cost-saving material when special metals and alloys become unusable because of chemical reactions at high temperatures.
- Aluminum is a cost-effective material that is resistant to high temperatures. When special metals and alloys become uneconomical because of chemical attacks at high temperatures, aluminum becomes the perfect alternative.
Specified test for Acid-resistant bricks –
Some of the mentioned tests for Acid proof bricks are –
- Water absorption test.
- Flexural strength test.
- Compressive strength test and
- Acid resistance test.
We, Refmon Industries, are a leading manufacturer of acid resistant fire bricks and other products like acid-proof brick lining, acid proof cement. By using low-ferric, high-grade clays in our process and firing them at extremely high temperatures, we ensure that our bricks have a long lifespan.
Refmon Industries has also been in the refractory industry for decades and are your trusted choice for high-quality refractory needs. We provide outstanding solutions for all of your refractory work. You won’t find this type of cutting-edge lining technology somewhere else.