Canada is one of the most popular destinations for international students and residents. Students who want to live and work in Canada after completing their degree frequently have the same question: “How to Get Canadian PR after Study?” Luckily, several paths exist for foreign students to attain Canadian permanent residency. Indeed, the likelihood of returning to their native country decreases after studies, but work opportunities with proper mid-term resident permits develop. Let’s explore the process.
The Canada Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)
It is a special work permit that also allows students who come to study in Canada to stay there at the end of their studies to work. Eligibility for Canadian PR after Study is a crucial consideration for international students pursuing studies in Canada. All students who move to Canada to study for a period of at least eight months could be eligible. The PGWP allows all students who have completed their studies in Canada to remain and work legally for any employer and in any part of Canada they wish.
To navigate through the application process and maximize the benefits of the PGWP, individuals can seek guidance from reputable canada immigration consultants. Their expertise ensures a smooth transition from student to professional life in Canada.
The requirements to obtain the Canadian PR
The candidate must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive this work permit:
- Must have reached the majority age;
- Must have completed a full-time study program of at least eight months at a Canadian university or college recognized by the province in which it is located;
- Must have obtained a document from the educational institution attesting completion of the study program;
- Apply to the PGWP no later than 90 days after completing the study program; and
- When applying, you must have a valid study permit.
The longer the study program is attended, the longer the duration of the work permit to which one is entitled will be. For study programs lasting between eight months and two years, you can obtain a PGWP of the same duration as your study permit.
The door to the permanent residence with Express Entry
The possibility of obtaining the PGWP is essential to ensure excellent chances of applying for permanent residence, including a canada visit visa from abudhabi, with the Express Entry program, which awards more points to candidates who have had work experience in Canada lasting at least one year.
The steps to follow are:
- Read the requirements of the Express Entry program and then answer a few questions online about your eligibility: work experience, family status, education, languages spoken, etc. The system will direct you to opportunities that are currently available based on your responses. Always be honest while answering questions because you will be requested for documentation before continuing;
- Document collection: After the initial step, you must compile all pertinent documents. If you are not applying for the federal program, you will typically need your passport, CLB (English) language tests, educational credentials, letters of invitation from a Canadian employer, your province program application, proof of sufficient funds for your maintenance, evidence of good health, and a criminal record.
- Create the profile and fill out the form: this is where you will enter all of your data and be awarded a score. Based on this score, you will be added to the database of potential immigrants.
- Receive an invitation to move to Canada: Periodically, the government invites applicants with the highest scores to complete their application, the last step in receiving permanent residency.
Obtaining Canadian PR after studying is a realistic goal for overseas students. The Canada Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) bridges the gap between college and professional life by allowing graduates to stay, work, and contribute to the progress of Canada. The transfer procedure is sped up by adhering to qualifying requirements and getting guidance from competent Canadian PR consultants. With the Express Entry program increasing prospects for permanent residency, students may boldly follow their dreams in Canada’s warm embrace. This thorough guide demonstrates that with commitment, the right resources, and a well-informed approach, the route of becoming a permanent resident in Canada after studying is certainly achievable.